Route from Chapel Hill, N.C. to New Cumberland, W.Va.
- Hwy 86 N. to 62 N.
- Follow signs for NC 62 N. until you reach Hwy 58.
- Continue straight across HWY 58 onto SR 726.
- Follow SR 726 for 13 miles until you intersect HWY 29.
- Follow 29 N. through Lynchburg to Hwy 60 W.
- Follow Hwy 60 (now we're heading into the curves) through Buena Vista to I-81 N.
- First exit off I-81 to I-64 west (left exit).
- First exit off I-64 to Hwy 11.
- Immediate left after getting on Hwy 11 onto Hwy 39. Map
- Follow 39 along the Maury River - beautiful curvy road to Hwy 219 N. to Elkins. This is
where we stay the night. Other good roads from Virginia into W.VA are: Hwy 250 (we have
often found the roads under construction or crowded with commercial traffic, but this is a
beautiful road under the right conditions); Hwy 33.
- From Elkins follow 250 all the way to Moundsville on the Ohio. It gets really nice once
you get past Fairmont - rolling ridge roads.
- In Moundsville find Hwy 2 S. and follow signs to bridge to cross the Ohio river and pick
up Hwy 7 N. Map of Moundsville
- Follow Hwy 7 N. to Hwy 22 East and cross the Ohio back into W.Va.
- Follow Hwy 2 N. to New Cumberland. You are there!