I am, among other things, a playwrite/film and musical theatre historian living in, of all places, Atlanta. Links to pages indulging some of my current projects/passions/obsessions such as my childrens' musical Goldie! (Or; A Juvenile Delinquent in Toyland?) and my upcoming biography of torch singer extraordinaire Helen Morgan are in the works, as are links to some of the local theatre/opera companies in which I dabble and other unique points of interest. Visit often - Lord knows what you'll find!
Here are a few web links I visit with some frequency. As is so often the case with me, they range from the sublime to the ridiculous.
NEWS OF THE YEAR!!!!!!!
Jim and I recently bought a house!!!!! Check out some pictures!!!
I (with Jim's help) recently adopted a dog to go with our house!!!!! Check out some pictures!!!
Things Irish & Connelly
I also collect 78rpm records in a desperate attempt to preserve more of this country's entertainment/musical/immigrant culture heritage. Some interesting links are:
- 78rpm Home Page - General information/history and links.
- Tinfoil Home Page - more generic early recording links.
- AllJazz - Out of Princeton, NJ, they auction bi-monthly with oferings from the commonplace to the WOW!
- Nauck's Vintage Records - Out of Texas, they auction off (mostly commonplace) titles as well as:
- Turntables - Yes, Nauk's sells & ships professional style turntables/styli, etc. at a 5% discount for serious collectors who wish to play/record their 78 collections. Hmmmmm .... and Christmas is just a few months away ...
- Playbill-online - Daily news items, columns, weekly Broadway grosses, etc. Indispensible.
- CultureFinder - Weekly Broadway "gossip" column.
- BuyBroadway - features Ken Mandelbaum's "minute ... by minute" Broadway "gossip" - right 9 times out of 10!
- Stephen Sondheim Stage - Not as news-oriented as it was, but lots of Sondheim sources, links, etc.
- Savoyards Light Opera - Atlanta's own G&S/operetta company, with whom I have worked.
- The Atlanta Opera - with whom I have also worked.
- Kurt Weill Homepage - From Berlin to Broadway, Kurt Weill's music gets under your skin, whether you like him or not. I love his stuff.
- Titanic - the Musical - Who knew? From previews I should have seen cancelled because they couldn't sink the damn thing to Rosie O'Donnell's cause celeb to Tony Award winner to the biggest hit on Broadway. I may not love this show like Rosie does, but I do find it endlessly fascinating - and the music is wonderful. Look for Titanic links below.
RMS Titanic: Her Passengers and Crew - Indispensible.
Molly Brown House Museum - in Denver.
The NAMES Project Foundation: AIDS Memorial Quilt - NOW lists all the names and images of all panels on the Quilt. Also includes news, showings, etc.
Philadelphia Online - news, etc. - a taste of home.
The Dilbert Zone
The New Jersey Devil Page - I swear. A page, complete with links about New Jersey's mythical creature, not the hockey team.
The New Jersey Devil - Part 2 - another Jersey Devil page - more history & theories.
Gloucester Catholic High School - My High School. Yikes! That was 15 YEARS ago!
Demarest in Exile - My old college dorm. Yikes! That was ... forget it.
The Onion - A supermarket-styled tabloid on-line. At least no one need know that you're reading it.
Satelite Photos of your house! - Takes forever to load, but you can pinpoint to view any spot on earth.
Xenon Labs: The Interactive Currency Table
Rene Guerrero's List of Internet Tools, Browsers & Viewers - Tons of utilities!
Lawrence Livermore National Lab - If you haven't gotten enough links, here's a master link for search engines, government agencies, libraries, research facilities, scientific organizations, etc., etc., etc.
... more to come ...
Created in 1997, © by Christopher S. Connelly. All rights reserved.