1. The Spur Ride is the culmination of the leader certification program. It is an opportunity for Officers to demonstrate their proficiency as cavalrymen and will be utilized to provide a final check of the trooper and unit training program. The Spur Ride will be a rigorous training event encompassing all of the core requirements, and is the final prerequisite to become a spur holder. This event will generally fall within two weeks prior to a Spur Dinner and will consist of several phases.
2. Prior to a Spur Ride the Spurs Officer will generate an LOI assigning responsibilities and the layout of the course. At a minimum the Spur ride will include:
- -a written test of Regimental history and cavalry tactics.
- -recite from memory "Fiddlers Green".
- -an Army PT Test.
- -a land navigation course.
- -CTT evaluation.
3. Following completion of the Spur Ride the Trooper must be voted in and approved by the Spur Committee.
[What is a Helicopter Pilot] [Helicopter Photographs] [Military Helicopter Links]
[E-mail Page comments]
[Unit Points of Contact]
Last update 1 June 97