ROUND SINGING AFFICIANADOS are invited to contact Sol "Roundman" Weberabout singing events, books and albums, etc. Check below for lots ofserious and fun info on these and related subjects, including the new website.
I've put together lots of info on musical items, serious andless so, so check it out and send copies to other possibly interestedfolks. Note the funny pieces that are BENEFIT ITEMS for Bob Blue. >(Do a good deed while having lots of fun!!) Here's the list, in its entirety.
(THE LIST)Greetings, musical person. Here are lots of music items, some serious,some just for fun. Please check them out, and do forward all thisvaluable info to other afficionados. (And do put me in touch with them,if you like, for rounds-trading and other musical purposes.) Thanks.
ROUNDS BOOKS, ALBUMS, AND MISC OTHER MUSICAL ITEMS AND ACTIVITIES
(Note WEB ADDRESS info, near the end of this listing)
(...and note amusing BENEFIT ITEMS for Bob Blue, also near the end of this listing)
- "Rounds Galore", the big pink book, 340 outstanding rounds (old, new, familiar, obscure, easy, challenging), + bios, articles, artwork, etc. $14.95 + 2.50 shipping. (If this is ordered, otheritems below may be added on, single copies, for no add'l SHIPPING charge; just the 2.50)
- "Unofficial Set of Additional (150) Rounds", informal, photo-copied, list of sources, more good mat'l. $6 + 1.50 shipping.
- "Rounds Galore...and More", CD/tape, one hour +, 32 rounds (including 9 in 'Rounds Minus One' format), exciting arrangements,sung by Jan Maier,Evy Mayer, Murray Spiegel, Sol Weber.Lots of surprises. Includes rounds from above two books plus some great new ones. $15/10. (If ordered WITH a>"Rounds Galore" BOOK, deduct $5 from CD or tape).
- "The Novice's Guide to Becoming a Better SIGHT SINGER", 11 pages,photocopied, highly recommended, $2 + 1.25 shipping. 5 or more, $1.25 each, including shipping.)
- Elegant T-SHIRT, with artwork: "SINGING A ROUND is safer than sleeping around". While available, M, L, XL; white, ash (gray), natural(beige), key lime (green). $12 + $2 shipping.
(See more items below.)CREDITS AND HIGH PRAISE for Sol and his books, album, and activities: Pete Seeger, Peter Schickele, CNN Cable News Network, NEW YORK Magazine, Village Voice, Folk Alliance, SING OUT Magazine, SallyRogers, Jean Ritchie, Oscar Brand, Victory Review Magazine, ChristineLavin, Peter Berryman, Country Dance and Song Soc, OAKE (KodalyEducators), NEFFA News, and many more.
ACTIVITIES include round singing sessions by Sol alone and with the whole group, collecting rounds in network fashion, and major appearances at: CLEARWATER REVIVAL, OLD SONGS Festival, NEFFA (New England Folk Festival), NOMAD Festival, HERITAGE Festival, Long Island University FOLKFEST, Victoria's Revenge Dancefest, BEACON SLOOP CLUB, Fast Folk Cafe, People's Voice Cafe, Swarthmore College, and many more.
...............OTHER ITEMS for sale............
- "BIG LEAGUE BABE" Vol 1 and 2, tributes to Christine Lavin, CDs, $15 each. Vol 2 includes a special funny round singing number specially written by Sol and sung by the "Rounds Galore...and More" Singers.
- "24 Moondog Madrigals" (rounds), by the legendary Moondog (Louis Hardin); long out of print. Photocopy, as a public service; $2 + 1.25 shipping.
- JOHN KRUMM'S revised and expanded "Book of Rounds", including helpful articles. $10 + 1.50 shipping. Companion TEACHING CASSETTE, $5 + 1.50 shipping. (Book and cassette together, 1.50 shipping charge; cassette not recommended for use without book).
- "RISE UP SINGING" ; good price. (List price, $18).
- "Blasts From the Past", wordbook, 106 classic rock 'n roll songs. Photocopy. $6 + 1.50 shipping.
- "Bob Blue Songbook", 50+ great songs -- "Ballad of Erica Levine", "When the End Came", "I Did It THEIR Way" and other gems. Nice photos; commentary. $10 + $1.50 shipping.
- As a BENEFIT ITEM for Bob Blue, who has severe MS and heavy expenses, I prepared some sheet music and an informal 6 minute tape of an hysterical set of WORDS that Bob wrote for the first movement of Eine Kleine Nachtsmusik (for people who like to sing and feel there's too much classical music that just has music and no lyrics). Trust me; it's fantastic. The exorbitant cost (ALL of which goes to Bob) is $3 for the sheet music, $6 for the tape, $8 for both. Larger amounts to help Bob even more are of course welcome. If you wish, you can make out a separate check to "Bob Blue" and send me your instructions.
As a SECOND BENEFIT ITEM for Bob, you can have the sheet music for my own arrangement of the delightful "The 12 Days AFTER Christmas"; just $2, all of it once again going to Bob.
- EVY MAYER (and singing partner Jean Farnworth) have 3 excellent recordings, including "Born to Shop" and "Soup to Nuts" ("Well produced", "Absolutely delightful", "Highly eclectic", "Stirring harmonies and subtle musicianship", "Twisted but sensitive"); contact Evy.
- JAN MAIER, with her glorious voice, has 2 fine ones as well, "Pickles and Puppies" (fun and nonsense, with Joyce Lee), and the terrific "Mountain Skyes". Highly recommended. Contact Jan
- JOHN HETLAND, conductor of The Renaissance Street Singers (in NYC), writes fine rounds; several are in my book. For info on his constantly updated "All My Rounds So Far", contact him
- COMING LATER, official SEQUELS to "Rounds Galore" and the rounds album. Keep in touch.
Thanks to Murray Spiegel, you can come visit our wonderful, nearly award-winning WEB SITE. It contains information on the Rounds book and our CD, sound clips from the CD, and kind accolades we've received, including sound clips from an admiring Christine Lavin. It also includes pointers to a lot of other web resources for singing rounds.You can also download high quality samples from AT&T's Digitalphono site.
Note that you'll have to download AT&T's (free) high quality player.
>Contact me with any questions. Send checks to address below. New York State residents, please add appropriate sales tax.Ask about quantity discounts.
+++Sol "Roundman" Weber --- "So many rounds, so little time"
+++25-14 37th St, Astoria, NY 11103
718-278-4389 (after 11am)++++++ Email Sol
+++++Urgent message? If no immediate response, pleasephone.