William Fancher is found in Branford, Connecticut as early as 1723 and died August 19, 1759. Children, order uncertain, all but last two born in Branford:
1. Samuel, born September 2, 1724 and died in Northbury, January 8, 1753. Probably no children.
2. William, born October 20, 1726.
3. Deborah, born January 27, 1728/29 and died in Branford, December 5, 1739.
4. John, born June 5, 1731; died in Northbury, June 24, 1796; married Athildea Matthews; probably no children.
5. Hannah, born April 11, 1736; married March 1, 1755 to Samuel Elwell, son of Ebenezer Elwell (her first cousin).
6. Elizabeth, born March 25, 1737/38 and died young.
7. Ebenezer, enlisted in French and Indian War on April 20, 1758 and died in service August 18, 1758. Probably no children as neither father's will or mother's estate settlement mention him or any of his heirs.
8. Ichabod, born before 1745. He may have been the Fancher that Hannah Champion, born 1753, married first in East Lynn, Connecticut, but it is thought there were no children from this marriage, per Champion Genealogy by Trowbridge.
9. Lemuel (twin), born in 1745.
10. Thomas (twin), born in 1745.
11. Thankful, probably never married as she was a creditor of her brother Lemuel in 1790.
12. Ithiel, born 1748 in Northbury.
13. Jehiel, born after 1745. He was not mentioned in William Fancher's will or Thankful Fancher's estate settlement, but John Fancher was appointed his guardian. Therefore, he could have been a child of another Fancher. He may have been the Fancher that Hannah Champion, born 1753, married first in East Lynn, Connecticut, but it is thought there were no children from this marriage, per Champion Genealogy by Trowbridge. He sold land in 1778 no trace after this.
14. Veal, born September 21, 1751, Northbury, Connecticut and died May 11, 1754.
Return to Previous Page
Return to First Page
Return to Home Page