many many questions when interviewing an agent. Interview many agents. You will
get better with each interview and learn what questions to ask. Let each agent
know you're talking to other agents to compare service. Get referrals from several
sources (family, friends, neighbors, co-workers). Here are some questions you
might consider asking:
- What is the current status of the Real Estate Market?
- How will you determine the range of prices to list my house?
- How will you advertise my property? MRIS? Flyers? Door Hangars? Newspapers?
Web-sites? Post-cards? Open Houses?
- Will you put pictures in the Multiple Listing Service (MRIS)?
- What will be on the sign outside? Will it say, "Gorgeous Inside"
or "Neighborhood Specialist" - am I advertising you or me?
- Can you give me a sample of what the brochure might look like?
- What happens if I want to change the price?
- Do you screen buyers for their financial qualifications?
- What do you suggest I do to make my house show its best?
- What commission do you feel is appropriate, and how will that commission
be split between the buyers and sellers agents?