Groundwater Modeling Links - Descriptions of software but without downloadable versions
(The email notification service is provided by NetMind.)
Last updated on Thu 18 Apr 2002 at 10:18 PM
Back to Contents
- Introduction to ModGA and ModGA_P
"A Modular Genetic Algorithm Based Flow and Transport Optimization Model for Modflow and MT3D" and "Parameter Estimation Using Genetic Algorithms" New
- Porous Media Flow Code Development Codes available for free licensing in the USA only.
- Engineering Software Center
- M. A. SBAI Finite-element saltwater-intrusion models
- U of S FEMWATER Page
- AEA Technology Groundwater Modelling Software "The site contains information on AEA Technology's finite-element software for modelling flow and transport in porous and fractured rocks - NAMMU, NAPSAC and CONNECTFLOW. It also describes the AVIZIER 3D visualisation software. Several detailed modelling case studies are presented."
- Consultants For Environmental System Technologies "Being a finite element based code, CFEST groundwater flow and transport code provides efficient means to represent groundwater complexities as conceptualized"
- GMS/FEMWATER site by Rolf Herrmann. This site gives lots of information about FEMWATER and GMS but is not the official site for those models. I recomend it to anyone who uses GMS or FEMWATER.
- Datasurge retails a number of groundwater models.
- TOUGH2 is a general-purpose numerical simulation program for multi-phase fluid and heat flow in porous and fractured media.
- ITOUGH2 (Inverse TOUGH2) is a computer program that provides inverse modeling capabilities for
the TOUGH2 code, a simulator for multiphase, multicomponent, non-isothermal flows in fractured-porous
- MOSES (Mineral Oil Spill Evaluation System).
- Three New Packages for MODFLOW. Modified versions of the River and Stream packages and a package for horizontal and/or multiaquifer wells.
Environmental Sciences (Cray Research)
- NAMMU A finite element code used for modeling ground-water flow and contaminant transport.
- NAPSAC: A large software package for simulating flow and contaminant transport through fractured rock.
- The Kansas Geological Survey has SUPRPUMP among other programs. SUPRPUMP aids in the analysis and design of pumping tests and slug tests. It is available as a PC application, and Fortran source code is included.
- FEMWATER documentation.
- Groundwater for Windows.
- A High Order Explicit Implicit Algorithm for Computing Flows in Porous Media.
- Multiphase Multicomponent Nonisothermal Organics Transport Simulator (M2NOTS) .
- Groundwater Flow Modeling Laboratory, Indiana University - Especially strong in Analytic Element Modeling.
- QuantiSci has a few software products for contaminant transport.
- PPATH is a simulation model that identifies potential preferential pathways for subsurface transport in three-dimensional heterogeneous porous media.
- CivilServe Software für Bauwesen, Marktübersicht geotechnik software 97. Book with CD.
- ConSolve sells SiteView which can be used to visualize groundwater modeling results.
- STEWARD MONITORING MODULE. One paragrpah descriptions of many commonly used flow models.
- Sources of Environmental Information on the Internet at Groundwater Remediation Technologies Analysis Center.
- Soil Property Prediction - Baumer Program at National Soils Data Access Facility.
- *Complete list of HOMS components from the World Meteorological Organization Hydrology and Water Resources Programme.
- *CHAPTER 8 of ACCESS EPA gives descriptions of EPA models.
- ChemPath from BASELINE Concept Inc. is a 3-D solute transport model that can imports flow data from a variety of models and then calculating the chemical changes along the flow path.
- Water Resources Publications, LLC Book Publisher; many of the titles include software.
- The 1996 GUIDE TO ENVIRONMENTAL SOFTWARE PRODUCTS from The Directory of Environmental Resources on the Internet lists over 2000 software products.
- OOO - Object-Oriented One-Dimensional Analytical Transport Model (Requires NeXT operating system).
- RockWare Inc. Earth Science Software. They have an extensive online catalog.
- FEFLOW Finite Element Subsurface Flow System at WASY. Diese Blätter sind auch in Deutsch verfügbar.
- Environmental Software and Multimedia supplement. Ads for a variety of programs.
- Indiana University Groundwater Flow Modeling Laboratory. There is a description of the Analytic Element Method.
- ToxSpill groundwater contamination modeling software. Demo available by mail.
- GIS\Solutions, Inc. Pre- and post-processors for MODFLOW and FEMWATER.
- The LIVIA modelbase at LIVIA project: a Computer Laboratory for Environmental Impact Assessment.
- The ParFlow Project Modeling Subsurface Flow and Chemical Migration on Massively Parallel Computers.
- Groundwater Modeling Group at Heidelberg University.
- The Building of a GIS Interface to MODFLOW utilizing ARC/INFO Grid 7.0 at Geospatial Information and Resources @U.S. Bureau of Reclamation.
- Macintosh Geological Software .
- The Environmental WorkBench. from SSESCO. A post-processor for MODFLOW among other things.
- GIS\Solutions, Inc. MODFLOW and FEMWATER pre and post processors.
- Integrated Decision Support Group (IDS). Description of a future MODFLOW interface.
- Groundwater programs at TNO Institute of Applied Geoscience.
- Sea Air Land Modeling Operational Network (SALMON)
- ADEPT at Consulting Hydrogeology & Environmental Software Services (C.H.E.S.S.). Well test software and "Electronic Book Version of Introduction to Ground-Water Hydraulics."
- BAC-GROUND's WWW Homepage
- Water Resource Systems Research Unit SHETRAN a physically based, distributed hydrological modelling system. TRACE123 an integrated suite of software designed for a wide range of subsurface pollution problems. MTB (Modified Turning Bands) rainfall modelling system.
- GGU-Homepage Demos available by mail (Note: this site is entirely in German.)
- SciTech Home Page.
- A few words about the Analytic Element Method (AEM).
Groundwater Modeling Links
Back to Contents
Richard B. Winston,
Baton Rouge, La 70806
This document was created using FlexED