Water and Geology Links
Last updated on Fri 30 Jul 2004 at 01:25 PM
Back to Contents
- Natural Attenuation Tool Kit
- Ground Water On-LineTM is a database containing more than 78,000 ground water literature citations with key words, abstracts, chemical compounds, biological factors, geographic locations, authors, titles, publication source names, and more.
- "The EnviroBrowser is a new public domain database that allows you to browse thousands of referenced environmental parameter values."
- EPA's Technology Transfer site.
- U.S. EPA Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS) Web Prototype.
- Hydrosphere, environmental databases and tools, Consultants on environmental policy, engineering, modeling and information systems.
- "HydroTechnics, Inc.
is introducing to the marketplace a new technology
called the In Situ Permeable Flow Sensor, a device capable of directly
measuring the 3D groundwater flow velocity vector in saturated,
- Pollution Online "pollution control industry. Industry news, leading edge manufacturers,
regulatory updates, latest technology announcements, and free
- The Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) for Catchment Hydrology.
- The Hazardous Waste Clean-up Information Web Site provides information about innovative treatment
technologies to the hazardous waste remediation community.
- The National Atmospheric Deposition Program/National Trends Network (NADP/NTN) is a nationwide network
of precipitation monitoring sites. The first sites in the network were established in 1978. The network currently
consists of approximately 200 sites.
- "The International Erosion Control Association is a non-profit, member organization that provides education, resource information and business opportunities for professionals in the erosion and sediment control industry."
- Centre for Ecology and Hydrology.
- Forest Technology Systems Inc. a designer/manufacturer/installer of automated hydrological and meteorological monitoring systems.
- Water Plus.
- Pictorial Dictionary of Terms relating to erosion from The Construction Site (tm).
- Campbell Scientific.
- Ground Water Remediation Technologies Analysis Center
- GNET provides worldwide access to timely information on environmental products and services, marketing opportunities, contracts, government programs, policy and law, current industry news, and business assistance resources via the World Wide Web.
- Waternet Tech Online.
- The Water Environment Federation's Home Page an
interactive electronic resource designed to provide pertinent and
comprehensive information on water quality and environmental
- HydroGEN Software for graphical analysis of water quality data.
- National Ground Water Association.
- The Hydrogeologist's Home Page.
- U.S. Bureau of Reclamation (Lower Colorado Regional Office).
- Macintosh Geological Software .
- International Association for Environmental Hydrology .
- Water Resources Library.
- Environmental Organization WebDirectory
- U.S. WATER NEWS HOMEPAGE
- The National Climatic Data Center Home Page
- USGS Water Resources Information
- USAE Waterways Experiment Station
- University's Water Information Network (UWIN)
- Water Online. Discussion forums, Engineering Markeplace, Employment, Suppliers, etc.
- MacGPS Pro - Software for linking GPS receivers to your Macintosh
- "Terrain ToolsTM is a quick and easy mapping package"
- geo&soft international
- CENTER FOR EXPOSURE ASSESSMENT MODELING
- Corpscon is a MS-Windows-based program which allows the user to convert coordinates
between Geographic, State Plane and Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) systems on the
North American Datum of 1927 (NAD 27), the North American Datum of 1983 (NAD 83)
and High Accuracy Reference Networks (HARNs).
- Vis5D is a system for interactive visualization of large 5-D gridded data sets such as those made by numeric weather models.
- Stereographic Projections.
- GPSy Global Positioning System (GPS) communications software for the Macintosh.
- ABEM Geophysical Software. Free forward and inverse software
for resistivity and VLF:
- "EarthVision's geospatial models integrate two-dimensional and three-dimensional data of diverse types in their true spatial context."
- gEOTECHNICAL INTegrator® facilitates the generation of reports and analysis of subsurface data.
- STRATA freeware for analyzing classic stratigrahic problems.
- MicroImages free GIS plus commercial version.
- Earth Tide program via Belgian Observatory.
- GeoLogic is a column in TerraNova that gives reviews of computer hardware and software that are unlikely to
be featured in mainstream computing magazines, but which will be of
interest to practicing geoscientists.
Geotechnical & Geo-environmental Software Directory
details over a thousand programs, software publishers and suppliers in
the fields of Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology, Hydrogeology,
Geo-environmental Engineering, Data Analysis and Data Visualisation.
Also lists other WWW pages with related software.
Compiled by Tim Spink.
- MINEQL+; A Chemical Equilibrium Modeling System.
- Macintosh Geological Software .
- Geostatistical Software for the PC, Variowin, toolbox, geoeas.
- Free Point Counting Software.
- Free USGS software utilities.
- Soft Earth Excellent annotated links to Geologic software sites.
- Pangaea Scientific - Geological Software Stereonet and rose diagram programs, Geologic symbols, earthquake program, etc.
- John Banta's Coordinate Transform Page
- Generic Mapping Tools
- Golden Software, Inc.
Back to Contents
Richard B. Winston,
College Park, MD
This document was created using FlexED