Rules & Guidelines
Welcome to Voca Vista Ranch. We hope you enjoy your visit
and that your hunting experience will be one filled with lasting memories of the
opportunity to camp and hunt white-tailed deer, turkey, and/or feral hogs. In order for
everyone to experience Voca Vista Ranch camping and hunting to its fullest, please observe
some common-sense guidelines and rules:
1.Voca Vista Ranch is approximately 100 acres of undeveloped, untamed, wild ranch land
with hazards such as but not limited to holes, rocks, limbs, brush, low hanging limbs,
dead limbs in trees, exposed roots, unstable soil, bluffs, creeks, barbed wire, etc., the
habitat to wild creatures such as but not limited to poisonous snakes (rattlesnakes,
copperhead, water moccasins), ticks, lizards, spiders, fox, coyotes, bobcats, turtles,
etc., and home to domesticated livestock. Please exercise caution while on Voca Vista
Ranch and caution while using any and all facilities such as but not limited to ground
stands, hunting boxes, and/or tree stands.
2. We are Not Responsible for accidents, injury, or harm of any kind.
3. Please exercise caution in using any weapon (gun and/or bow and arrow) by following the
10 Commandments of Shooting Safety.
4. Do Not leave your assigned hunting area. Your hunting
party is welcome to hunt all huntable areas of the ranch as you choose, but we mark
designated areas for your safety. We realize that you do not know the terrain as well as
you could, so flagging reduces the chances of incidence of friendly-fire accidents.
5. Do Not Shoot across any fence or road. Though we encourage hunters to bring their
own portable stands and/or blinds to set up where they wish, do not set up a stand and/or
blind within 50 yards of the ranch perimeter fence.
6. Do Not cross any fence to track wounded animals without first getting Land Owner or
7. No shooting from any type of vehicle.
8. No walking through the pasture except to track game.
9. Orange safety vest should be worn when hunting or walking in pasture.
10. Do Not shoot any Domesticated Livestock or animals...such as Cattle, Llamas, Dogs,
Cats, Chickens, Guineas, Turkeys, Goats, Sheep, Donkeys, etc. If you kill or injure any of
these animals, you will have to pay for them and/or their veterinarian bills.
11. All Texas Hunting Regulations will be followed - No Exceptions.
12. Game Harvest Limit per hunter is per lease period
not per day - Important: Voca Vista Ranch harvest limit is more restrictive than Texas
Parks & Wildlife Regulations. See details about Game Harvest Limits. All Game killed must be checked in with the Wildlife Manager or Owner.
13. No Guarantee on Kills. No Trophy Fees.
14. No refunds for any reason (except for Herd-Management Deposit), including the
malfunction of feeder timers for any reason.
15. No Burning of Trash of any kind, especially paper. Paper is easily caught by the wind
and creates a hazard for grass fires. Camp fires are to be confined to the designated
stone-rimmed fire pit located in the camp ground; no bonfires allowed--No Exceptions.
Strictly Enforced by Owner and/or Wildlife Manager. In addition, Local Burn Bans are
strictly enforced by local law enforcement officers.
16. When a McCulloch County Burn Ban is in effect, NO FIRE OF ANY TYPE FOR ANY REASON WILL
BE ALLOWED except controlled BBQ devices as described in the next item. The McCulloch
County Sheriff strictly enforces the Burn Ban.
17. You can bring your own BBQ smokers, grills, etc. but
place them inside or directly next to the stone-rimmed fire pit when in use. You must use
BBQ devices inside the fire pit during a Burn Ban.
18. Keep campsite, hunting stations, and pasture free of all trash such as cans, paper,
cigarette butts, etc.
19. Use the "golden rule" about human waste
disposal; please bring a shovel to bury waste near the camp ground. Never dump sewage
tanks on premises from travel trailers or motor homes.
20. No driving off already existing roads in any type of motorized vehicle. ATVs and UTVs
are allowed, but do not drive them off existing roads. No Exceptions. Strictly Enforced by
Owner and/or Wildlife Manager.
21. No significant sawing or pruning of trees or brush
without the consent of Owner and/or Wildlife Manager. Do not clear your own senderos.
22. Land Owner or Wildlife Manager reserve the right to terminate any and all leases for
broken rules and unruliness.
23. Each Hunter must present valid driver's license and
hunting license and fill out release of liability & registration form during initial
registration to gain entry.
25. No hunting after dark. Period. Experienced hog hunters,
enquire before booking a hunt about exceptions to this rule, granted on a case-by-case
26. These rules are designed to protect present and future
habitat for all to enjoy, and we want your stay with us to be the best it can be. Please
let us know how we might improve your visit to Voca Vista Ranch.
Thank you for selecting to hunt on Voca Vista Ranch. We look forward to your next visit.
Terms, Prices, and Ranch Rules are Subject to Change Without Notice