Harvard has developed this comprehensive Personality test. It will be in the December 1998 issue of the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry.
Write down the letters you answer for each question.
1. When you get up in the morning, what do you usually have for breakfast:
A. Eggs and toast
C. Pop Tart
2. If you could have anything you desired, what would you have for breakfast?
A. Eggs and toast
B. Something else
C. Pop Tart
3. It's lunch time. You:
A. Skip a meal because you are too busy or worried about
B. Get what you have spent all morning thinking about.
C. Eat the food you brought with you.
D. Find out what your friends are having and tag along.
4. A friend offers you some of his/her food. You:
A. Take a bite because you are starving
B. Take a bite to be polite
C. Refuse because you are watching your weight
D. Take 2 bites instead of just 1
5. Your future boyfriend/girlfriend offers you something to eat. It is:
A. A cookie
B. An apple
C. A slice of pizza
D. A carrot
6. Your dog is begging you for a treat. You give him:
A. A dog biscuit
B. Some cake
C. Nothing, but you pet him
D. Nothing and you push him away. Treats are bad for him.
7. In a dream, you are in the world's best restaurant. You order:
A. Everything on the menu. It's a dream, right?
B. A salad. A big one with everything in it.
D. A rich dessert.
8. You are stranded alone on a tropical island. What are the foods you have to have with you?
A. Fruits and vegetables
B. Meat and potatoes
C. Ice cream, chocolate, and cake
D. Chinese food
9. You are an infant and your mother is feeding you:
A. Baby Cereal or formula
C. A cookie
D. Nothing, she is doing something else
10. You are 6 years old. Your dad is feeding you:
C. Bubble gum
Now use this key to sum your score
1. A. = 3 B. = 1 C. = 6 D. = 2
2. A. = 2 B. = 1 C. = 3 D. = 4
3. A. = 2 B. = 1 C. = 3 D. = 4
4. A. = 3 B. = 1 C. = 2 D. = 6
5. A. = 1 B. = 2 C. = 5 D. = 3
6. A. = 3 B. = 1 C. = 4 D. = 2
7. A. = 2 B. = 1 C. = 3 D. = 4
8. A. = 4 B. = 3 C. = 2 D. = 5
9. A. = 6 B. = 4 C. = 8 D. = 2
10. A. = 7 B. = 5 C. = 1 D. = 3
Now add up your scores and find your personality below...
Your score: 12-20: You tend to be a shy person. You may feel uncomfortable with
a lot of other people. You sometimes think that you were given a body that does not fit your mind, and perhaps you were born in the wrong year. You are much smarter than most people think you are and you do not let other people know about it. You have a giant heart that gets crushed all the time. You tend to have an artistic flair. Music you like: songs about love, lost love, and heartbreak.Your favorite movie: Titanic. There are days when you would rather stay home and enjoy time to yourself than to go out and deal with annoying people. Cupid has toyed with you. Someone you loved has hurt you. Your parents fought when you were small. You have thought about getting a tattoo.
21-30: You made your way in this world in spite of all the obstacles you have faced. You have seen a lot more troubles than most people. You have had to deal with difficult people, ridiculous rules, and tempestuous relationships. Love for you can be as intense as the fire on the face of the sun. You are either very calm on the inside when there is a lot of insanity around you or you shut people up and take charge. You can go to a movie by yourself without the need for someone to go with you. You are as comfortable alone as you are with others. You are angry at your parents and you can't change them. You are a great lover when you find that rare mate who is your equal, but otherwise your relationships have been short or frustrating. You have stayed too long with a partner you did not like. Life is a roller coaster, and you are finding ways to make the good times better. You LOVE sports or have taken drugs.
31-42: You generally are a calm person. You get excited when your favorite band is in town, when you are going on a date with your partner, and when you and your friends are dancing. For you, your friends mean everything to you. You hate it when the summer is over. You like art, and some poetry. You can throw a party, or help a friend put one together. You usually have no trouble finding dates, but you occasionally hit a dry spell. You like the outdoors, usually, and rainy weather doesn't bother you. You sometimes get jealous of people who are smarter or better looking than you, but you wouldn't hold it against them if you got to know them. You are on good terms with your parents, even though they piss you off once in a while. People tend to think you are reliable and trustworthy. You like animals-sometimes.
Sometimes there just isn't enough time in a day for you to do
you would like to do. If there isn't anything fun going on at
the moment, then you know how to get things rolling. You tend to be the kind of person people look up to, and you usually have the ability to excel at most things you try. You usually don't care what people think about you, and you have no problem kissing your mate in public. Sex for you is a passionate art, and you never have a problem in bed, except for being a little too wild for your partner. You tend to have an energy level that is one step above the others, but you can play it cool if you want to. You prefer to play sports than to watch. People have been jealous of you, but its unlikely you noticed. Your parents are active people, and may not have given you as much time as you wanted. You have a tattoo, play in a band, have blond hair, or are on a sports team. People copy you. Sometimes you are truly miserable, but not for long.
Psychologists have discovered that the manner in which people eat Oreo cookies provides great insight into their personalities. Choose which method best describes your favorite method of eating Oreo's:
1. The whole thing all at once.
2. One bite at a time
3. Slow and methodical nibbles examining the results of each bite afterwards.
4. In little feverous nibbles.
5. Dunked in some liquid (milk, coffee...).
6. Twisted apart, the inside, then the cookie.
7. Twisted apart, the inside, and toss the cookie.
8. Just the cookie, not the inside.
9. I just like to lick them, not eat them.
10. I don't have a favorite way because I don't like Oreo.
1. The whole thing -- This means you consume life with abandon, you are fun to be with, exciting, carefree with some hint of recklessness. You are totally irresponsible. No one should trust you with their children.
2. One bite at a time -- You are lucky to be one of the 5.4 billion other people who eat their Oreo's this very same way. Just like them, you lack imagination, but that's ok, not to worry, you're normal.
3. Slow and Methodical -- You follow the rules. You're very tidy and orderly. You're very meticulous in every detail with every thing you do to the point of being repetitive and irritating to others. Stay out of the fast lane if you're only going to go the speed limit.
4. Feverous Nibbles -- Your boss likes you because you get your work done quickly. You always have a million things to do and never enough time to do them. Mental break downs and suicides run in your family. Valium and Ritalin would do you good.
5. Dunked -- Every one likes you because you are always up beat. You like to sugar coat unpleasant experiences and rationalize bad situations into good ones. You are in total denial about the shambles you call a life. You have a propensity towards narcotic addiction.
6. Twisted apart, the inside, and then the cookie -- You have a highly curious nature. You take pleasure in breaking things apart to find out how they work, though not always able to put them back together, so you destroy all the evidence of your activities. You deny your involvement when things go wrong. You are a compulsive liar and exhibit deviant, if not criminal, behavior.
7. Twisted apart, the inside, and then toss the cookie -- You are good at business and take risks that pay off. You take what you want and throw the rest away. You are greedy, selfish, mean, and lack feelings for others. You should be ashamed of yourself. But that's ok, you don't care, you got yours.
8. Just the cookie, not the inside -- You enjoy pain.
9. I just like to lick them, not eat them -- *Stay away from small furry animals and seek professional medical help immediately.
10. I don't have a favorite way, I don't like Oreo cookies -- You probably come from a rich family, and like to wear nice things, and go to up-scale restaurants. You are particular and fussy about the things you buy, own, and wear. Things have to be just right. You like to be pampered. You are a prima donna. There's just no pleasing you.
If you were buying candy, and had your choice of the following, which would you choose?
OK - Now that we have your choice, this is what research says about you!!!
BABY RUTH - Sweet, loving, cuddly. You love all warm fuzzy items. A little nutty. Sometimes you need a little treat like an ice cream cone at the end of the day.
3 MUSKETEERS - You are adventurous, love new ideas, are a champion of underdogs and a slayer of dragons. When tempers flare up, you whip out your sabre.
BUTTER FINGERS - Smooth articulate, you are an excellent after-dinner speaker and a good teacher. But don't try to walk and chew gum at the same time.
SNICKERS - Fun-loving, sassy, humorous. Everyone enjoys being around you. But you are a practical joker - others should be cautious in shaking hands!
HERSHEY'S - Romantic, warm, loving. You care about other people and can be counted on in a pinch. You tend to melt and get gushy if held too close.
What to Leave First...
You are in a desert. You have with you the following five animals:
A lion, a cow, a horse, a sheep, and a monkey.
To escape the desert you are going to have to get rid of one of your
Which one do you drop? (You can use whatever logic you like BUT keep track of which animal is discarded when!)
You have 4 animals left. The desert is burning up! It goes on for miles. Sand is everywhere. You realize, to get out, you are going to have drop another animal.
Which do you drop?
You have 3 animals left. Walk, walk, walk. Hot, hot, hot. Disaster!
The Oasis that you were looking for is dried up! You have no choice but to drop another animal.
You have 2 animals left. Ok, it's a long hot walk. You can see the edge of the desert way on the horizon. Unfortunately, you can only leave the desert with ONE animal.
Which one do you drop and which one do you keep?
Before looking at the answers, make sure you know which animal you dropped in what order.
These answers are based on Japanese Archetypes.
The desert represents a hardship.
The animals represent . . .
Lion = Pride
Monkey = Your Children
Sheep = friendship
Cow = Basic Needs
Horse = Your Passion.
So, in the face of hardship, you will sacrifice each of these things in turn. Your last animal represents that thing which you cling to at the expense of all others.
Psychoanalyze yourself---NO CHEATING!
a pen and paper
you read any further. As soon as you read a
question , write the
away. Make sure to answer questions 1-10
before moving on.......NO
Read the following questions, imagining the scenes in you mind, and write down the FIRST thing that you visualize. Do not think about the questions excessively.
1. You are not alone. You are walking in the
woods. Who are you
2. You are walking in the woods you see an animal. What kind of animal is it?
3. What interaction takes place between you and the animal?
4. You walk deeper in the woods. You enter a clearing and before you is your dream house. Describe its size???
5. Is your dream house surrounded by a fence?
6. You enter the house. You walk to the dining area and see the dining room table. Describe what you see on and around the table.
7. You xit the house through the back door. Lying in the grass is a cup. What is the cup made of????
8. What do you do with the cup??
9. You walk to the edge of the property, where you find yourself standing at the edge of a body of water. What type of body of water is it??
10. How will you cross the water?
This has bee a relational psychology test .
The answer given to the questions have been shown to have a relevance to values and ideals that we hold in our personal lives. The analysis follows.
1. The person who you are walking with is the
most important person
2. The size of the animal is representative of your perception of the size of your problems.
3.The severity of the interaction you have with the animal is representative of how you deal with your problems. (Passive/aggressive)
4. The size of your dream house is representative of the size of your ambition to resolve your problems.
5. No fence is indicative of an open personality. People are welcome at all times. The presence of a fence indicates a close personality. You'd prefer people not to drop by unannounced.
6. If your answere did not include food, people, or flowers, then you are generally unhappy.
7. The durability of the material with which the cup is made of is representative of the perceived durability of your relationship with the person named in number 1. For example, styrofoam and paper are all disposable, metal and plastic are durable.
8. Your disposition of the cup is representative of your attitude towards the person in number 1.
9. The size of the body of water is representative of the size of your sexual desire. 10 How wet you get in crossing the water is indicative of the relative importance of you sex life.
1. First, write the numbers 1 through to 9 in a column.
2. Beside the 1 and 5, write down the names of members of the
3. Write anyone's name (like friends or family...) in the 3rd, 4th and 5th spots.
4. Write down four song titles in 6, 7, 8 and 9.
And here is the key for the game..
1. The person in space 1 is the one that you love.
2. The person in 5 is one you like but can't work out
3. You're most about the person you put in 2.
4. The person you name in number 3 is the one who knows you verywell.
5. The person you name in 4 is your lucky star.
6. The song in 6 is the song that matches with the person in number1.
7. The title in 7 is the song for the person in 5.
8. The 8th space is the song that tells you most about your mind.
9. And 9 is the song telling how you feel about life.
In what order do you take care of the problems?
Jot down your order, and scroll down after you've made your decision.
*** Each represents something in your life. Don't
1. The phone represents...... your job or career.
2. The baby represents...... your family.
3. The visitor represents......your friends.
4. The laundry represents...... your sex life.
5. The running water represents...... money or
Okay let's go, now remember you need to take your first thought, well, that has to do with the question, go with your brain.
1. What is your favorite out of these three?
2. What is your favorite color?
3. The name of a person of the same sex?
4. The name of the person of the opposite sex?
5. Do you like the mountains or the beach?
6. The sun rise or sun set?
7. Favorite number from 1-10?
8. Favorite plant?
a. red rose
c. a dead one
9. Favorite season?
1. cat: you love yourself the most.
bird: you like hearing yourself talk.
dog: you put others before yourself.
2. pink: your outgoing
white: your classical
black: your living on the edge
3. They are your lucky star.
4. You'll become very very close friends with them.
5. mountains: fast pace wedding.
beach: slower wedding.
6. Sun rise: your a morning person and you get more done.
Sun set: you are a romantic and you fall in and out of crushes slowly.
7. The number you picked is how many it will be till you find your true love.
8. red rose: your life will be beautiful but sometimes
Fern: Your life will be predictable and safe.
a dead one: your one sick person!
9. spring: your a hopeless romantic.
winter: your a hugging kind of person.
summer: your a bare all kind a person.
1. When do you feel your best?
(a) In the morning
(b) During the afternoon and early evening
(c) Late at night
2. You usually walk
(a) fairly fast, with long steps
(b) fairly fast, but with short, quick steps
(c) less fast, head up, looking the world in the face
(d) less fast, head down
(e) very slowly
3. When talking to people, you
(a) stand with your arms folded
(b) have your hands clasped
(c) have one or both your hands on your hips
(d) touch or push the person to whom you are talking
(e) play with your ear, touch your chin, or smooth your hair
4. When relaxing, you sit with
(a) your knees bent and your legs neatly side by side
(b) your legs crossed
(c) your legs stretched out or straight
(d) with one leg curled under you
5. When something really amuses you, you react with
(a) a big, appreciative laugh
(b) a laugh, but not a loud one
(c) a quiet chuckle
(e) a sheepish smile
6. When you go to a party or social gathering, you
(a) make aloud entrance so everyone notices you
(b) make a quiet entrance, looking around for someone you know
(c) make quietest possible entrance and try to stay unnoticed
7. You are working hard, concentrating hard. You are interrupted. You:
(a) welcome the break
(b) feel extremely irritated
(c) vary between these two extremes
8. Which of the following colors do you like most?
(a) red or orange
(c) yellow or light blue
(e) dark blue or purple
(g) brown or gray
9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before going to
sleep, you lie
(a) stretched out on your back
(b) stretched out face down on your stomach
(c) on your side, slightly curled
(d) with your head on one arm
(e) with your head under the covers
10. You often dream that you are
(b) fighting or struggling
(c) searching for something or somebody
(d) flying or floating
(e) You usually have a dreamless sleep
(f) You're dreams are always pleasant
1. (a) 2 (b) 4 (c) 6
2. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 7 (d) 2 (e) 1
3. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 5 (d) 7 (e) 6
4. (a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 2 (d) 1
5. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 2
6. (a) 6 (b) 4 (c) 2
7. (a) 6 (b) 2 (c) 4
8. (a) 6 (b) 7 (c) 5 (d) 4 (e) 3 (f ) 2 (g) 1
9. (a) 7 (b) 6 (c) 4 (d) 2 (e) 1
10. (a) 4 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 5 (e) 6 (f ) 1
Add the total number of points.
OVER 60 POINTS: Others see you as someone they should "handle with care." You are seen as vain, self-centered, and extremely dominant. Others may admire you and wish they could be more like you, but they don't always trust you and hesitate to become too deeply involved with you.
FROM 51 TO 60 POINTS: Your friends see you as an exciting, highly volatile, rather impulsive personality; a natural leader, quick to make decisions (though not always the right ones). They see you as bold and venturesome, someone who will try an adventure.. They enjoy being in your company because of the excitement you radiate.
FROM 41 TO 50 POINTS: Others see you as fresh, lively, charming, amusing, practical, and always interesting; someone who is constantly the center of attention, but sufficiently well-balanced not to let it go to your head. They see you also as kind, considerate, and understanding; someone who will cheer them up and help them out. FROM 31 TO 40 POINTS: Other people see you as sensible, cautious, careful, and practical. They see you as clever, gifted, or talented, but modest. Not a person who makes friends too quickly or too easily, but someone who is extremely loyal to the friends you do make and who expects the same loyalty in return. Those who really get to know you realize that it takes a lot to shake your trust in your friends, but, equally, that it takes you a long time to get over it if that trust is broken.
FROM 21 TO 30 POINTS: Your friends see you as painstaking and fussy. They see you as very, very cautious and extremely careful, a slow and steady plodder. It would really surprise them if you ever did something impulsively or on the spur of the moment. They expect you to examine everything carefully from every side and then, usually decide against it. They think this reaction on your part is caused partly by your careful nature and partly by laziness.
UNDER 21 POINTS: People think you are shy, nervous, and indecisive someone who needs to be looked after, who always wants someone else to make the decisions and who doesn't want to get involved with anyone or anything. They see you as a worrier, who sees problems that don't exist. Some people think you're boring. Only the people who know you well know that you aren't.
December 23 to January 1 .......... Apple Tree
January 2 to January 11 .............. Fir Tree
January 12 to January 24 ............ Elm Tree
January 25 to February 3 ............ Cypress Tree
February 4 to February 8 ............ Poplar Tree
February 9 to February 18 .......... Cedar Tree
February 19 to February 28 ......... Pine Tree
March 1 to March 10 .................. Weeping Willow
March 11 to March 20 ................ Lime Tree
March 21 .................................. Oak Tree
March 22 to March 31 ................ Hazelnut Tree
April 1 to April 10 ....................... Rowan Tree
April 11 to April 20 ..................... Maple Tree
April 21 to April 30 ..................... Walnut Tree
May 1 to May 14 ....................... Poplar Tree
May 15 to May 24 ..................... Chestnut Tree
May 25 to June 3 ...................... Ash Tree
June 4 to June 13 ............. ........ Hornbeam Tree
June 14 to June 23 ............ ....... Fig Tree
June 24 ........................... ........ Birch Tree
June 25 to July 4 ...................... Apple Tree
July 5 to July 14 ....................... Fir Tree
July 15 to July 25 ..................... Elm Tree
July 26 to August 4 .................. Cypress Tree
August 5 to August 14 .............. Poplar Tree
August 15 to August 23 ............ Cedar Tree
August 24 to September 2 ......... Pine Tree
September 3 to September 12 ... Weeping Willow
September 13 to September 22 .. Lime Tree
September 23 ........................... Olive Tree
September 24 to October 3 ........ Hazelnut Tree
October 4 to October 13 ............ Rowan Tree
October 14 to October 23 .......... Maple Tree
October 24 to November 11 ....... Walnut Tree
November 12 to November 21 .... Chestnut Tree
November 22 to December 1 ...... Ash Tree
December 2 to December 11 ..... Hornbeam Tree
December 12 to December 21 .... Fig Tree
December 22 ............................ Beech Tree
Apple Tree: Love; Of slight build, lots of charm, appeal and attraction, pleasant aura, flirtatious, adventurous, sensitive, always in love, wants to love and be loved, faithful and tender partner, very generous, scientific talents, lives for today, a carefree philosopher with imagination.
Fir Tree: Mysterious; Extraordinary taste, dignity, cultivated airs, loves anything beautiful, moody, stubborn, tends to egoism but cares for those close to it, rather modest, very ambitious, talented, industrious discontented lover, many friends, many foes, very reliable.
Elm Tree: Noble-mindedness; Pleasant shape, tasteful clothes, modest demands, tends to not forgive mistakes, cheerful, likes to lead but not to obey, honest and faithful partner, tends to a know-all-attitude and making decisions for others, noble-minded, generous, good sense of humor, practical.
Cypress: Faithfulness; Strong, muscular, adaptable, takes what life has to give, happy content, optimistic, needs enough money and acknowledgment, hates loneliness, passionate lover which cannot be satisfied, faithful, quick-tempered, unruly, pedantic and careless.
Poplar: Uncertainty; Looks very decorative, no self-confident behavior, only courageous if necessary, needs goodwill and pleasant surroundings, very choosy, often lonely, great animosity, artistic nature, good organizer, tends to philosophy, reliable in any situation, takes partnership serious.
Cedar: Confidence; Of rare beauty, knows how to adapt, likes luxury, of good health not in the least shy, tends to look down on others, self-confident, determined, impatient, wants to impress others, many talents, industrious, healthy optimism, waiting for the one true love, able to make quick decisions.
Pine Tree: Particularity, Loves agreeable company, very robust, knows how to make life comfortable, very active, natural, good companion, but seldom friendly, falls easily in love but its passion burns out quickly, gives up easily, many disappointments till it finds its ideal, trustworthy, practical.
Weeping Willow: Melancholy, Beautiful but full of melancholy, attractive, very empathic, loves anything beautiful and tasteful, loves to travel, dreamer, restless, capricious, honest, can be influenced but is not easy to live with, demanding, good intuition, suffers in love but finds sometimes an anchoring partner.
Lime Tree: Doubt; Accepts what life dishes out in a composed way, hates fighting, stress and labor, tends to laziness and idleness, soft and relenting, makes sacrifices for friends, many talents but not tenacious enough to make them blossom, often wailing and complaining, very jealous, loyal.
Hazelnut Tree: Extraordinary, Charming, undemanding, very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody and capricious lover, honest and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment.
Rowan: Sensitivity; Full of charm, cheerful, gifted, without egoism, likes to draw attention, loves life, motion, unrest and even complications, is both dependent and independent, good taste, artistic, passionate, emotional, good company, does not forgive.
Maple: The Independent of Mind, No ordinary person, full imagination and originality, shy and reserved, ambitious, proud, self-respect, hungers for new experiences, sometimes nervous, many complexes, good memory, learns easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.
Walnut Tree: The Passionate One, Unrelenting, strange and full of contrasts, often egoistic, aggressive, noble, broad horizon, unexpected reactions, spontaneous, unlimited ambition, no flexibility, difficult and uncommon partner, not always liked but often admired, ingenious strategist, very jealous and passionate, no compromises.
Chestnut Tree: The Honest One, Of unusual beauty, does not want to impress, well-developed sense of justice, vivacious, interested, a born diplomat, but irritable and sensitive in company, often due to a lack of self-confidence; acts sometimes superior, feels misunderstood, loves only once, has difficulties in finding a partner.
Ash Tree: The Ambitious One, Uncommonly attractive, vivacious, impulsive, demanding, does not care for criticism, ambitious, intelligent, talented, likes to play with its fate, can be egoistic, very reliable and trustworthy, faithful and prudent lover, sometimes brains rule over heart, but takes partnership very serious.
Hornbeam: The Tasteful One, Of cool beauty, cares for its looks and condition, good taste, tends to egoism, makes life as comfortable as possible, leads reasonable, disciplined life, looks for kindness, an emotional partner and acknowledgment, dreams of unusual lovers, is seldom happy with her feelings, mistrusts most people, is never sure of decisions, very conscientious.
Fig Tree: The Sensible One, Very strong, a bit self-willed, independent, does not allow contradiction or arguments, loves life, its family, children and animals, a bit of a butterfly, good sense of humor, likes idleness and laziness, of practical talent and intelligence.
Oak: The Robust One, Courageous, strong, unrelenting, independent, sensible, does not love changes, keeps its feet on the ground, person of action.
Birch: The Inspiring One, Vivacious, attractive, elegant, friendly, unpretentious, modest, does not like things in excess, abhors the vulgar, loves life in nature and in calm, not very passionate, full of imagination, little ambition, creates a calm and content atmosphere.
Olive Tree: The Wise One Loves sun, warmth and kind feelings, reasonable, balanced, avoids aggression and violence, tolerant, cheerful, calm, well-developed sense of justice, sensitive, empathic, free of jealousy, loves to read and the company of sophisticated people.
Beech: The Creative One Has good taste, concerned about its looks, materialist, good organization of life and career, economical, good leader, takes no unnecessary risks, reasonable, splendid lifetime companion, keen on keeping fit (diets, sports, etc.).
Return to the Infirmary
Return to the main camp