Re: RANT INSPIRED

Author:Sister Pammy of the Soil

Email: toxiccow.moosatspam.@mindspring.com

Date:1997/11/15

Forums:alt.slack

nospamum@radix.net (MegaLiz) wrote:

>toxiccow.moosatspam.@mindspring.com (Sister Pammy of the Soil) wrote:

>

>: It is way harder for me to watch my brilliant but SCREAMING PINK

>: SISTERS do their same old same old without a chance of interrupting

>: it.

>

>WHOA. Sis Pammy has SISTERS. I was hopping maybe YOU could tell me

>what to do with MINE! My sister is the absolutely most latent

>SubGenius I have yet to encounter. The Rev would disagree. The Rev

>would be WRONG. The pinkness acts on her like a DISEASE, and her yeti

>half is the only thing that keeps her alive besides the drugs, of

>course. She has hate that makes mine look like a pale little

>reflection of a puddle of cold drool. She minces on a vulgar and

>hilarious tightrope over her insanity. Every time I think she's

>finally teetered off, she waves up at me and says, "Fuck you!" before

>she scrambles back up and pokes me in the eyes.

>

>Too bad she won't read any of the Church Stuff. She won't read it

>because every time she sees the word "cunt" in print she has a

>seizure.

 

 

She wouldn't be a FEMINIST like my older sister, now would she?

Actually my Sister Numero Uno has latent yeti genes, passed on in full

measure to my younger niece. But sister dear is wound so tight with

anger at mysogynist/homophobic/corporate/racist/environmental

degradation that it's a wonder she doesn't split a seam and kill

somebody. She also does the whole writer/poet emotive angst thing so

well it will kill HER someday. Add to all that a megadose of

hypochondria, paranoia and parental guilt. AIIIIEEEEE!!!!!

Sisters can be so scary! To think that this adult grew from that

cross-eyed three-year-old who read me my first book ever!

 

I wish I could tell you how to dig through the pink shell and get at

the meaty bits. I wish YOU could tell ME! My sister runs thick with

latent anger, too, and would also go absolutely nonlinear over the

posts I laugh at every day (laugh till I cry, laugh to keep from

crying, laughin and cryin you know, it's the same release...). What I

don't know how to get through to my sister is that PLEASURE could rule

but all the pain she's into just breeds more of itself every time she

tries to squirm away from it. She doesn't know how to kill it, or even

seriously inconvenience it, because she refuses to fight emotion with

logic. She just keeps fighting emotion with emotion, thinking they're

different emotions and so it should work, when really they're just

different reflections of the same thing.

 

I also have to stand pretty separate from my family most of the time,

because they all do the pain and helplessness thing really well, and I

have to be careful to keep the big vortex they create from sucking me

in too.

 

Sister Pammy--not full of ideas on the subject, unfortunately

 

 

Re: RANT INSPIRED

 

Author:John Cook

Email: <cooks@fan.net.au

Date:Sun, 16 Nov 1997

 

Re: RANT INSPIRED

 

Sister Pammy of the Soil wrote:

> What I

>don't know how to get through to my sister is that PLEASURE could rule

>but all the pain she's into just breeds more of itself every time she

>tries to squirm away from it. She doesn't know how to kill it, or even

>seriously inconvenience it, because she refuses to fight emotion with

>logic. She just keeps fighting emotion with emotion, thinking they're

>different emotions and so it should work, when really they're just

>different reflections of the same thing.

 

Nailed it!

 

>Sister Pammy--not full of ideas on the subject, unfortunately

Huh? I recon you are doing fine

 

John Cook

 

The bandwidth of reality is wonderfully wide.

 

 

 

Author: MegaLiz

Email: nospamum@radix.net

Date:1997/11/12

Forums:alt.slack

 

 

toxiccow.moosatspam.@mindspring.com (Sister Pammy of the Soil) wrote:

 

: Ah, but I ache for the merehumes, a bad hangover from days past when I

: thought they were my people and worth awaking. It is hard to let them

: sleep the sleep of the dead, though, when they insist on doing it

: right in my songs. The toughest job I have in my life is to let the

: pinks be pinks, while my life vibrates with an infinite spectrum of

: songs and colors and beauties unimaginable to their pallid souls.

: So be it. I'm good at tough jobs.

 

It is hard to watch the neon pinks ever-so-carefully filling in their

death by numbers set. You can't keep them all at bay, you have to let

a few of them in and pat them down and tweak at their knobs, sniff and

poke and see what you get. Every now and then you'll have a delightful

surprise, but those are rare. If you let the others linger, you just

have to try to divert yourself from noticing the way they embrace and

create their pain OVER AND OVER again. Me, I want NEW AND DIFFERENT

PAIN, thankyouverymuch. I am impatient with the repetition and want to

shake them just hard enough to derail that loopy little braintrack.

Too bad most of them have over and under rail redundancy. WASTE WASTE

WASTE.

 

I'm gonna just give it up soon, I'm pretty sure. For now, I approach

fewer and fewer potential "converts" and try to save the effort for

the ones who can JUST MAYBE make use of it.

 

There's a nice mommy that I've been tentatively courting for a couple

of months now, but I'm not optimistic. Outwardly, we could not have

more in common. She doesn't seem especially startled by ANYTHING I

say, in fact, part of her appeal is her even-handed behavior. There's

a sort of atmosphere of GOODNESS that follows her around, a reflexive

generosity that she pours in her own path. Her eyes twinkle and she

has a pleasant barking laugh that urges me to be funny. After a brief

conversation with most of these people, I feel deeply sorry for their

kids. But with her, I would venture that nearly ANYONE would discern

that she's the sort of person who OUGHT to have children. That's not

to say that she is UNREAL, my educated eye can see the struggle that

she goes through to maintain her sing-song voice when her brood goes

apelike all at once.

 

The pessimism may just be a product of my experience. This woman has

Slack, but I'm not at all sure that she sees it for what it is. It's

already clear to me that she doesn't exploit it, and she won't get a

chance to properly enjoy it unless she stops frantically gerbilling

through her life. (Hell, *I'M* gerbilling, but I'm not running around

in SOMEONE ELSE'S WHEEL). Because she is so NICE, my fear for her is

that she's a habitual people-pleaser who will wake up one day to find

that she has footprints all over her scalp, that her wallet is empty

and that her kids are ungrateful shitheads. In that case, I can't SAVE

her, but of course, that doesn't mean that we CAN'T BE FRIENDS. Ahem.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

* "Okay! Okay! I'll NEVAH EVAH do it AGAIN!" - The Spunky

alt.foot.fat-free: where you can collect all six Moment Toes

 

RANT?!?!!!??!!!

Author:Sister Pammy of the Soil

Email:toxiccow@cphl.mindspring.com

Date:1997/02/09

Forums:alt.slack

So where the fuck are the fucking RANTS these days????

I pull up newsgroup and all I see are crossposts from the

religiobscenity groups. Do I really have to wade through miles and miles

of crossposted bullshit to get to the GOOD STUFF???? Okay, fine. You're

all busy, you're all having fun biting the Christians, fine. I guess I

have to do it myself.

 

My friend Donna told me the other day that she "wants to be where I

am". She's just starting at 42 to realize that growing up in a house

full of alcoholics MESSED UP HER MIND. Bingo! Been there, dealt with

that. She envies my having ''worked it through" and gotten on with a

remarkable life. How do I explain to a very nice, kind, sweet, generous,

loving person (who happens to be an awesome singer) that she's going to

have to get really NASTY to confront her demons? She's going to have to

learn to play Guns and Roses really loud and scream "FUCK YOU" at the

top of her lungs till she figures out that being sweet and nice and

generous and polite and CONtrolled is the problem. She's going to have

to kill herself over and over again until she comes up with someone

she's sure is tough and determined enough to keep the world from

destroying her. Then she'll believe in herself. Then she'll see that

she's a match for the evil things that get thrown at people by this hate

machine we call society.

 

So what does it take? I've figured out that three things will get me

through most any day, from toughing out bad situations to starting a new

and dearly desired project: BRUTE FORCE, SHEER BALLS-OUT NERVE AND HALF

A FUCKING TON OF BRILLIANCE. That's all you need, Donna.

 

Do I have it in me? Hell yes! Does it cost? Hell yes! I'm not soft and

cute and perfume-sweet. I don't get the rewards that girls do for being

vulnerable, defenseless, and soft-spoken, and believe me, I was just as

trained as the next female to think that was how the world rewarded good

girls who behaved. But I do get to fuck with people's expectations, and

that's an awesome trade-off. I do get to be competent, strong and

intelligent. I don't get taken care of, but neither do I have to pay

with my soul for that care. And when I set foot out in the world of the

pinks, I know I may look like a target to some people, but if they

attack they're likely to get their faces sheared off. I'm safe, IT'S THE

WORLD THAT HAD BETTER LOOK OUT!!!

 

Your ever-loving fucking LADY of the soil,

 

Sister Pammy

 

Re: RANT?!?!!!??!!!

Author:Crazy Bob

Email: Bob_Chapman@nospam.brown.edu

Date:1997/02/10

Forums:alt.slack

 

In article <32FE8102.1D1@cphl.mindspring.com>,

toxiccow@cphl.mindspring.com attempts to speak coherently...

>

>So where the fuck are the fucking RANTS these days????

>I pull up newsgroup and all I see are crossposts from the

>religiobscenity groups. Do I really have to wade through miles and

>miles of crossposted bullshit to get to the GOOD STUFF???? Okay,

>fine. You're all busy, you're all having fun biting the Christians,

>fine. I guess I have to do it myself.

 

I'm building one up. The gasses are fermenting inside me as I speak,

and not even Dobbs knows when they will come to flatulent fruition and

erupt... possibly Mardi Gras if I were forced to lay a date, but you

can't force these things or you might just end up with a BIG LOAD IN

YOUR PANTS AND NO FUCKIN' RANT!!!

 

>My friend Donna told me the other day that she "wants to be where I

>am". She's just starting at 42 to realize that growing up in a house

>full of alcoholics MESSED UP HER MIND. Bingo! Been there, dealt with

>that. She envies my having ''worked it through" and gotten on with a

>remarkable life. How do I explain to a very nice, kind, sweet,

>generous, loving person (who happens to be an awesome singer) that

>she's going to have to get really NASTY to confront her demons? She's

>going to have to learn to play Guns and Roses really loud and scream

>"FUCK YOU" at the top of her lungs till she figures out that being

>sweet and nice and generous and polite and CONtrolled is the problem.

 

OhhhhhhwwwYEEEEaaaah! PREACH it SISTER! Keep on hitten' 'em homers!

 

>She's going to have to kill herself over and over again until she

>comes up with someone she's sure is tough and determined enough to

>keep the world from destroying her. Then she'll believe in herself.

>Then she'll see that she's a match for the evil things that get thrown

>at people by this hate machine we call society.

 

Halle-mother-fucking-Dobbs-approved-stick-it-in-your-pipe-and-KILL-IT-l

ujia!!!!! Pammy, you are speaking DIRECTLY TO ME! These are EXACTLY the

words I NEEDED to hear at EXACTLY THIS MOMENT! The luck plane was

TILTED on the SIXTH DIMENSIONAL axis that BINDS OUR WAMPETER... Dobbs

himself inspired this rant to SAVE MY YETI SOUL!

 

No, no, don't try to stop me! This is EXACTLY why the Church of the

SubGenius will SAVE ME-- by showing me the NECESSITY of its KILLING ME!

 

DOITAGAIN!

 

KILLING ME!!!

 

DOITAGAIN!

 

KILLING ME!!!!

 

DOITAGAIN!

 

Sho'f'in'uff! GreatDobbsAlmighty! I was plannin' on waitin' till summer

to do this but BECAUSE Dobbs has SPOKEN TO MR this very NIGHT I am

going to (oops, wait) THERE! I have just taken put my CHECKBOOK!

 

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY PEN?! aHA... got it. Whathufuck is the date?

URghhh... it's the, ahhhh, no don't tell me.

 

IT's FEBRUARY!

 

OK, now... the d\ur...um SHIT! OK, Feb 10 1997 TO: CotSG $30

Thirty and----------------no/100

FOR: ETERNAL SALVATION Signed: X

 

I'm comin' HOME Constantinople!

 

>So what does it take? I've figured out that three things will get me

>through most any day, from toughing out bad situations to starting a

>new and dearly desired project: BRUTE FORCE, SHEER BALLS-OUT NERVE AND

>HALF A FUCKING TON OF BRILLIANCE. That's all you need, Donna.

 

Amen Sister! Don't mind me.... I'm going to have an apoplipocalyptic

FIT now!

 

PRABOB!!!!!

 

CB