Subject: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 05 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: friday@cybercom.net (Friday Jones)

Organization: PARTS, the Re-Animator Fanzine (deceased)

Newsgroups: alt.slack

 

 

 

Found at http://www.wln.com/~bensonj/julytrip.html:

 

"But we could not stay forever at Grendel's Den and we paid and left. No, we

did not dine and dash in Massachusetts. We walked around and checked out a

few bookstores. I found some anti-homophobia zine with an intro by Ivan

Stang. In general, it wasn't such a bad introduction, although I felt that

he was a puerile and infantile man who unfortunately possesses an ounce of

talent and an annoying amount of luck. Several people I know disagree with

me. Several others do not. Enough about Ivan Stang. I don't know, at least

he's not Bob Black. Okay, okay, enough petty, catty, backbiting..."

 

- The Irreverend Friday Jones

 

Subject: Re: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 08 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: torque@indirect.com (Berin Kinsman)

Organization: L'Avventura Games

Newsgroups: alt.slack

References: 1

 

 

In article <friday-0509962055440001@news.cybercom.net> friday@cybercom.net (Friday Jones) writes:

 

>"But we could not stay forever at Grendel's Den and we paid and left. No, we

>did not dine and dash in Massachusetts. We walked around and checked out a

>few bookstores. I found some anti-homophobia zine with an intro by Ivan

>Stang. In general, it wasn't such a bad introduction, although I felt that

>he was a puerile and infantile man who unfortunately possesses an ounce of

>talent and an annoying amount of luck. Several people I know disagree with

>me. Several others do not. Enough about Ivan Stang. I don't know, at least

>he's not Bob Black. Okay, okay, enough petty, catty, backbiting..."

 

> - The Irreverend Friday Jones

 

Love Stang, Hate Stang, at least he possesses the yeti gene and is one of us.

We all at pink at times, we all get suckered by the con at times, but we all

need to stick together. It really IS a matter of US and THEM, and I'd rather

deal with an annoying Sub than an annoying NORMAL any day.

 

 

Berin Kinsman

Editor-In-Chief, L'Avventura Games

Webmaster, L'Avventura Internet Consulting

http://www.indirect.com/www/torque/welcome.htm

 

 

Subject: Re: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 12 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: dynasor@infi.net (Dennis McClain-Furmanski)

Organization: InfiNet

Newsgroups: alt.slack, alt.fan.john-winston

References: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6

 

On 09-09-96, bmyers@ionet.net wrote:

bn> torque@indirect.com (Berin Kinsman) wrote:

>Love Stang, Hate Stang, at least he possesses the yeti gene and is one of

us.

>We all at pink at times, we all get suckered by the con at times, but we

all

>need to stick together. It really IS a matter of US and THEM, and I'd

rather

>deal with an annoying Sub than an annoying NORMAL any day.

bn> I have seen the enemy and it is us.

bn> Tarla

> the Con

> is just a mirror

I think you're closer to the reality of it than the x vs. y stuff, but I

still can't swallow it as is.

US vs. THEM is just another name for US vs. US. The CON in part consists

of falling for the natural tendency to label the other US as THEM. Doing

so individually is called heuristics and/or bigotry. Doing so under

pressure of biased information is called propoganda.

Since the CON consists of those who fall into their own trap, the only

position left to escape it is THEM vs. THEM. Let THEM fight each other all

around you.

More than anything, it's the unwillingness to just let other be wrong

without having to prove that point out loud that draws us into it. That's

when the CON is a mirror -- we CON ourselves.

Power is not having to participate in the petty bullshit and sublimated

predatory responses. That makes John Winston much less the CON than most

here. Justification for any adversarial stance is admission of the

inability to avoid having to pare the world down in order to deal with it.

 

* 2qwk! 2.03 * Never trust a nun with a gun.

 

--

Doktor DynaSoar Iridium -- dynasor@infi.net -- Punctuator of Evolution

 

 

Subject: Re: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 14 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: angela@Exis.Net (Sophia Anifantakis)

Organization: I need to put my ORGANIZATION here.

Newsgroups: alt.slack, alt.fan.john-winston

References: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7

 

 

Dennis McClain-Furmanski (dynasor@infi.net) wrote:

: On 09-09-96, bmyers@ionet.net wrote:

:

: bn> torque@indirect.com (Berin Kinsman) wrote:

:

: >Love Stang, Hate Stang, at least he possesses the yeti gene and is one of

: us.

:

: >We all at pink at times, we all get suckered by the con at times, but we

: all

: >need to stick together. It really IS a matter of US and THEM, and I'd

: rather

: >deal with an annoying Sub than an annoying NORMAL any day.

:

: bn> I have seen the enemy and it is us.

:

: bn> Tarla

: > the Con

: > is just a mirror

:

:

: I think you're closer to the reality of it than the x vs. y stuff, but I

: still can't swallow it as is.

:

: US vs. THEM is just another name for US vs. US. The CON in part consists

: of falling for the natural tendency to label the other US as THEM. Doing

: so individually is called heuristics and/or bigotry. Doing so under

: pressure of biased information is called propoganda.

:

: Since the CON consists of those who fall into their own trap, the only

: position left to escape it is THEM vs. THEM. Let THEM fight each other all

: around you.

:

: More than anything, it's the unwillingness to just let other be wrong

: without having to prove that point out loud that draws us into it. That's

: when the CON is a mirror -- we CON ourselves.

:

: Power is not having to participate in the petty bullshit and sublimated

: predatory responses. That makes John Winston much less the CON than most

: here. Justification for any adversarial stance is admission of the

: inability to avoid having to pare the world down in order to deal with it.

 

:

I guess there's no wrong way to fight the CON..if you want to fight it at

all..whether it's jumping in and trying to help people see clearer, or

just leaving people to make their own decisions

or anything in between..Whatever you're comfortable with.

 

Subject: Re: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 14 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: Pkitty@cris.com (Pee Kitty)

Organization: Dobbstown Sane Asylum

Newsgroups: alt.slack, alt.fan.john-winston

References: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9

 

 

David F Lynch (dflync01@starbase.spd.louisville.edu) spewed forth:

> Sophia Anifantakis (angela@Exis.Net) wrote:

> : I guess there's no wrong way to fight the CON..if you want to fight it at

> : all..whether it's jumping in and trying to help people see clearer, or

> : just leaving people to make their own decisions

> : or anything in between..Whatever you're comfortable with.

>

> Now this I don't believe. You have to remember that some members of the

> Church of the Subgenius are genuinely crazy, and if someone gets the idea

> into their head that the way to "fight the CON" is to start killing

> "Normals", well.. you see where that leads us.

 

Hey, there's NO SUCH THING AS BAD P.R.

 

At worst, Stang gets assassinated and CNN does a special on it.

 

--

 

Rev. Pee Kitty, of the order Malkavian-Dobbsian

Meow!

 

--> You can fight the Conspiracy of Normalcy and get back your Slack!

--> Send $1 to Church of the SubGenius / PO Box 140306 / Dallas TX 75214

--> Or visit alt.slack or FTP to http://www.cris.com/~pkitty for info

 

"Why spend $30 or even $40 dollars for a filthy porno movie when you can

jerk off all over the Church of the SubGenius for only $30 bucks!"

- (Pope) Rev. Godfather Gillan [edit]

 

 

Subject: Re: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 16 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: jheikkil@highlander.cbnet.ns.ca (saint_bubba)

Organization: Nova Scotia Technology Network

Newsgroups: alt.slack

References: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12

 

 

bmyers@ionet.net (TarlaStar) wrote:

 

>>ljduchez@en.com (Lou Duchez) wrote:

>>Actually, I'd prefer that most people DON'T consider me clever or

>>attractive.

 

>So your answer is "Yes." Well, if you'd prefer to be considered dull

>and repulsive, then I guess I think that's pretty stupid.

whats wrong with being considered ANYTHING..does it really mater that

much what the hell anyone thinks of you? i would consider myself one

of the most free-thinking people i know and when i go to a party and

see the plastique images these people mask themselves with to be part

of the Crowd i clam up..i dont WANT to asosciate with them because i

cannot respect them..so i am considered anti-social and dull...but the

big point is...I DONT REALLY GIVE A FUCK...its not stupid..its a

matter of choice and a matter if your ego is so fragile that you need

to be accepted by those you hate in order to feel good about

yourself..what is stupid tarla is when you need to do exactly that...

 

 

saint_bubba

 

Subject: Re: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 18 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: bmyers@ionet.net (TarlaStar(a.r.s. critic))

Organization: Little Sisters of the Perpetually Juicy

Newsgroups: alt.slack

References: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13

 

 

jheikkil@highlander.cbnet.ns.ca (saint_bubba) wrote:

 

>bmyers@ionet.net (TarlaStar) wrote:

 

>>>ljduchez@en.com (Lou Duchez) wrote:

>>>Actually, I'd prefer that most people DON'T consider me clever or

>>>attractive.

 

>>So your answer is "Yes." Well, if you'd prefer to be considered dull

>>and repulsive, then I guess I think that's pretty stupid.

 

>whats wrong with being considered ANYTHING..does it really mater that

>much what the hell anyone thinks of you?

 

Why of course it does. Have you ever tried to get a job, rent an

apartment, or get a bank loan?

 

> i would consider myself one

>of the most free-thinking people i know and when i go to a party and

>see the plastique images these people mask themselves with to be part

>of the Crowd i clam up..i dont WANT to asosciate with them because i

>cannot respect them..so i am considered anti-social and dull...but the

>big point is...I DONT REALLY GIVE A FUCK...its not stupid..its a

>matter of choice and a matter if your ego is so fragile that you need

>to be accepted by those you hate in order to feel good about

>yourself..what is stupid tarla is when you need to do exactly that...

 

What is stupid is going to parties where people are plastic. There is

nothing wrong with wishing to have people...and that's all people,

find you clever and attractive. You don't have to find them clever and

attractive, BACK. I never said anything about "need." I simply stated

that wishing to be thought of as dull and repulsive is stupid. It

presents very few advantages that I can see and offers no

opportunities.

 

Tarla

smoke on

that one

 

 

Subject: Re: A Description Of Our Sacred Scribe

Date: 18 Sep 1996 00:00:00 GMT

From: jheikkil@highlander.cbnet.ns.ca (saint_bubba)

Organization: Nova Scotia Technology Network

Newsgroups: alt.slack

References: 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14

 

 

bmyers@ionet.net (TarlaStar(a.r.s. critic)) wrote:

 

>jheikkil@highlander.cbnet.ns.ca (saint_bubba) wrote:

>>whats wrong with being considered ANYTHING..does it really mater that

>>much what the hell anyone thinks of you?

 

>Why of course it does. Have you ever tried to get a job, rent an

>apartment, or get a bank loan?

 

actually, yes. i own my own house, which was secured through a

banking institution, plus my own car financed off the lot...fuck im up

to my eyes in debt..you had to go and remind me..damn..anyhow..i had

to present myself to a lot of authoritative people in my time,

including government officials.....i treat them like the guy next

door..they're only people and believe it or not, a lot of them respect

you more when you aren't putting on airs. now, i'm 35, i have long

hair thats usually quite tangled, being that i live in a windy

locale...i wear jeans and a leather jacket to bank meetings and to my

publishers..im me...i dont fucking care if that guy on the subway, or

that guy who is sitting across the desk from me writing a cheque that

could set me for a few years thinks of me..why the fuck should i? who

the fuck are they to me anyhow? they're just fucking people...

 

>What is stupid is going to parties where people are plastic. There is

>nothing wrong with wishing to have people...and that's all people,

>find you clever and attractive. You don't have to find them clever and

>attractive, BACK. I never said anything about "need." I simply stated

>that wishing to be thought of as dull and repulsive is stupid. It

>presents very few advantages that I can see and offers no

>opportunities.

why is it stupid to go to one of "Their" parties? personally, i find

that i meet some of the strangest people in the fucking UNIVERSE at

these things...and sometimes, after a lot of bowls have been smoked

and half the keg or whatever is empty...then you see these people

open up a bit..and hey, a lot of these plastic fuck-heads, they are

gonna be those bank officers and landlords that you got to deal with

in the future...why not get their drunken coonfessions to use against

them for those times when you really need the dough. As for wishing

ell people to think me clever and attaractive..hey..go nuts...me, i

find myself clever and attractive..i damn well hope my wife does

too...why should i even want to have everybody in the fucking world

think kso...shit, then im answering the phone all the time and i never

get any sleep with all them damn black "news" helicopters circling my

house at 3 in the fucking morning...nah, if thats yer kick, then go

all out...i dont care. as for finding them clever and attractive

back..what..you need to feel superior to these people for some reason?

nah, i dont need anyone to tell me to be happy..i do it on my

own...just as i wont listen to anyone telling me not to be

happy...that's just me..whether you like me or not, i dont much give a

damn..just as i truly hope you dont give a fuck what i think of

you....

 

saint_bubba

>Tarla

>smoke on

>that one

i got my own smoke but thanks fer the offer..pixels dont burn well....

 

>>saint_bubba

^^^hey, that's me...cool...im blue...shit, i turned into a fucking

smurf. now im gonna have to jump all around this damn keyboard,

tapping each letter with my toes, then maybe ill go join a sideshow

for some sleazy carnival al type out letters for the amazed dupes

while im wearing my groundhog suit..shit..that's it..i put that little

prick in whereever the hell they have that groundhog day thingy right

the hell out of business..kill the little shit...then im gonna fuck up

every damn one of yer springs..so fucking there.

damn, that felt good.