Subject: What is Easter?

Date: 27 Mar 1999 00:00:00 GMT

From: richnsash@aol.coma (RichNSash)

Organization: AOL http://www.aol.com

Newsgroups: alt.slack

 

 

For me Easter is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The ultimate

triumph of good over evil, and the ultimate act of true love. John 3 verse 16

says that "God so loved the world that He sent His only Son that whosoever

might believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." There is so

much confusion, selfishness and pride in the world that we need absolute truth

and absolute morality for the world to change. We need love and a purpose in

life, but the perfection cannot be found within because, let's face it, none of

us are perfect. I believe that Jesus is love come down to Earth, and love will

triumph ultimately. This is true reality and joy, not stuffy antiquated

anachronistic religion. History has shown where man's greed and selfishness has

got him. I'm glad that I finally repented of my sinful life and asked Jesus to

come into my life and be my personal Saviour and Lord. Cynicism has been

replaced with love, goodness, wholeness and hope. No one can take away the fact

that I am a transformed person and a better person to society than I was

before. No one can take away my miraculous physical healing after prayer. Man

offers manufactured quick fix spiritual solutions but none of them have worked.

We were created for a purpose but sin separates us from that purpose. God

offers us His Son -He is knocking at your heart today.

 

 

 

Subject: Re: What is Easter?

Date: 27 Mar 1999 00:00:00 GMT

From: nu-monet <nothing@succeeds.com>

Reply-To: like.excess@sex.org

Organization: Frontier GlobalCenter Inc.

Newsgroups: alt.slack

References: 1

 

RichNSash wrote:

>

> For me Easter is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

 

Tell us about the rabbits, George...

 

> The ultimate

> triumph of good over evil, and the ultimate act of true love.

 

Glad their ain't no more evil. That is a relief. Damn, now

that it's gone life will sure be different around here. Too

bad he had to wait for the harmonic convergence to do his stuff!

 

> John 3 verse 16

> says that "God so loved the world that He sent His only Son that whosoever

> might believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life."

 

And the Mahabharata says that anyone who calls out to Krishna will

be saved. There truly is a sucker born every minute.

 

> There is so

> much confusion, selfishness and pride in the world that we need absolute truth

> and absolute morality for the world to change.

 

Let's start by killing those who disagree. Like Xtians have done for

1500 years.

 

> We need love and a purpose in

> life, but the perfection cannot be found within because, let's face it, none of

> us are perfect.

 

Speak for yourself. I fit my design specs perfectly. Perfection in imperfection.

 

> I believe that Jesus is love come down to Earth, and love will

> triumph ultimately.

 

Does this mean we have to wait *another* 1000 years. I mean, seriously, how

much patience do we have to have before we realize that this is all hooey?

 

> This is true reality and joy, not stuffy antiquated

> anachronistic religion.

 

No kiddin'? Sure looks like stuffy antiquated anachronistic religion to me!

 

> History has shown where man's greed and selfishness has

> got him.

 

Yeah, in a hell of a better location than where we used to be. Back

in the "good ol' days" life was nasty, brutish and short. Today,

I got a car.

 

> I'm glad that I finally repented of my sinful life and asked Jesus to

> come into my life and be my personal Saviour and Lord.

 

And I'm glad we are no longer in competition. I guess Darwin favors

me.

 

> Cynicism has been

> replaced with love, goodness, wholeness and hope.

 

Maybe *your* cynicism. But *my* cynicism of you is just starting.

 

> No one can take away the fact

> that I am a transformed person and a better person to society than I was

> before.

 

A better tool, maybe.

 

> No one can take away my miraculous physical healing after prayer. Man

> offers manufactured quick fix spiritual solutions but none of them have worked.

 

Next time, try Penicillin first. Come to think of it, your quick fix

spiritual solution didn't work either. Or do you have to be dead first

to be healthy?

 

> We were created for a purpose but sin separates us from that purpose.

 

To be purposeful worm food. Sin contains to many preservatives to

permit them to enjoy their dinner.

 

> God offers us His Son -He is knocking at your heart today.

 

Gee, and I thought it was just gas. But the "quick fix" of Maalox(tm)

seems to be helping. Does Maalox(tm) dispel Christ?